Aadhaar is now becoming one of the most vital identification documents and is now required everywhere starting from government jobs, bank accounts, Pan Card, filing IT returns and so on. So far almost 90% of the Indian population is enrolled under the Unique Identification Authority of India. These enrollment numbers are unique for everyone.
Some time back the Government of India deactivated thousands of Aadhaar card numbers. The reasons for the deactivation of these Aadhaars was discrepancy in the supporting documents or bio metric details and also in case of multiple Aadhaar Cards being allotted to same individual. So if you want to know whether the status of your Aadhaar Card is active or not, you can consider the following steps:
- First step is to go to the official link of UID – https://uidai.gov.in/
- Under Aadhaar Services, click on link – “Verify Aadhaar Number”
- You would now need to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number and can click on Verify after entering the security code.
- In case your Aadhaar card is active, you would get a message which would confirm the status of your Aadhaar card. Apart from this information, you would also be able to see your basic detail such as age band, state and last three number of your registered contact number. Please be aware that OTP is not needed in order to find out the status of your Aadhaar Card.
- In case your Aadhaar is inactive, you will see a message “Doesn’t Exist” after you are through with the verification process.
You can reactivate your Aadhaar card number by visiting the nearest Enrollment Aadhaar center and don’t forget to carry all of your supporting documents. You would need to submit the Aadhaar update form which would cost you a fees of INR 25/-. After this step, your biometrics would be recorded again, re-verified and also updated in the Aadhaar database.